PROPERTY STAFF ACCOUNTANT
Mosser Companies is a family-owned and privately held San Francisco-based property management and investment group, Mosser Companies has been investing in and managing multifamily properties in the San Francisco Bay area since 1952 and in the Los Angeles area since 2017. In addition to its ownership interests and property management of the Mosser Capital portfolios, Mosser Companies currently owns and operates a real estate portfolio of over 3,000+ rental apartment units.
We are looking for Property Staff Accountant responsible for producing a high volume of complex accounting reports for portfolios in operations. The accountant will also perform the duties listed below and other duties assigned.
Prepare and maintain full balance sheet reconciliations for portfolios in operations. Produce monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports for internal and external reporting in accordance with a close calendar.
- Prepare recurring and adjusting journal entries, including cash, monthly accruals and amortization
- Reconcile all cash accounts
- Review, investigate, and correct errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Budget uploads and financial statement preparation
- Prepare transfers for intercompany payments
- Assisting with audit fieldwork for both operational and financial audits
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Special projects as needed
Knowledge, Skill and Experience:
- Must possess solid written and verbal communication skills and maintain a high level of attention to detail.
- Good understanding of GAAP Accounting.
- Punctual, courteous, professional, and reliable.
- Detail-oriented and willingness and aptitude to learn
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Internet Explorer Outlook)
- 2 years accounting experience in property management preferred
- Ability to work overtime when necessary
- Skills and experience using accounting software (Yardi preferred)
- Must be a team-player having ability to multi-task and is self-directed
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- BA/BS at 4-year university (focus in accounting, finance, economics preferred)
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to talk, listen, and speak clearly on telephone
Mosser Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our staff and seek diversity in our applicants. We will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of arrest and conviction records.